Top Five Tips for English Learners Online
Are you interested in learning English online? Here are the top 5 tips for English learners online:
- Follow a plan
- Ask for feedback
- Follow a proven course
- Stay motivated
Read on to find out more about these top tips for being a successful English learner.
1 – Follow a plan
Having a routine in place that shows you exactly what and how to study is crucial for success.
Not only does it stop you from wondering whether you are on the right track. It allows you to focus on what really matters – learning English!
2 – Practice
Taking action and getting lots of practice is a big part of learning English.
- Effective practice means moving in the direction of your goals. It means sticking to the plan and actively pursuing areas that you are confident in and also areas that you want to improve.
- To get the most from your study time make sure that you are learning not just from books but from practice too.
3 – Ask for feedback and help
Always be on the lookout for constructive feedback. Never be too shy to ask for help if you need it.
- Effective feedback helps you to quickly understand what you are doing well and what you could improve.
- Having this sort of clarity is priceless – it shows you exactly where you need to work to get better and reach your goals.
4 – Follow a proven course
There are lots of different ways to learn English and it can be easy to get confused with all of the options available.
- The best thing you can do is entrust your studies to a fully integrated course that allows you to learn systematically.
- It’s important to learn the right things at the right time and by following a well-planned course structure you can practice and use the English you are learning in real-world situations – and also track your progress.
5 – Stay Motivated
Staying motivated and committed to your goal of learning English is half the battle towards succeeding.
- When you feel motivated you feel driven and enthusiastic about studying.
- You make the time and put in more effort than you otherwise would.
- One of the best ways to stay motivated is to visualize your end goal and how it will feel when you reach it.
- When you can generate those positive emotions you will have all the motivation you need.
How Wall Street English Help You Learn English
Wall Street English encourage you to start practicing English straight away, with:
- engaging soap opera-style videos
- reading comprehension
- writing exercises
- one-on-one speaking practice
We provide fun, relaxed and supportive environments for students practicing English, including:
- focused digital classroom sessions
- small teacher-led video classes
- extra classes to help practice and improve vocabulary and speaking skills
- opportunity to immerse yourself and test your skills in our social mobile app, Say Hello
Feedback is built into every part of our course.
- at Wall Street English we believe constructive feedback is critical to long-term learning
- our interactive activities now include automatic speech recognition to give you pronunciation feedback when you need it most.
We hire the best native-level, industry-accredited teachers to teach our English courses, who offer:
- one-to-one tutoring
- progress tracking with state of the art analytics
- data-driven feedback on where you are excelling and where you could improve
Our online self-study and video learning methods and proven course structure takes care of all of the planning for you, keeping you engaged and motivated for the duration of your studies.
When you have a supportive group and people who want to see you succeed, as well as an online environment where other like-minded students are constructively working towards goals, you will have the motivation to do the same.
Want to know more?
Find out more about learning English online now