Updated March 25th, 2018.
What information does Wall Street English collect about me?
Personal information that we collect may include your name, contact details (first name, surname, phone numbers, email address, region and territory), your replies to the activity, and data about the pages you visit and your other activity on our site, as well as any other personal information relating to you that you choose to supply to us.
How does Wall Street English collect my personal information?
We collect your information in two ways:
- Personal information you choose to disclose. This is the information you provide when registering, and when you contact us (online or offline).
In a separate automatic operation, the web server will collect your IP address and browser type and details of the website, application or email communication you came from before entering our site. This information is used to:
- work out how many times our site has been visited
- record which parts of our site have been visited so we can improve the content and layout of the site
- understand the effectiveness of our email communications.
What will Wall Street English do with my personal information?
We will use your data to:
- review your activity, and
- contact you to discuss this review and how you can improve your English level using Wall Street English courses.
We will make this use of your personal information because you consented to it. Nevertheless, you can withdraw your consent at any time. We may keep your data until you withdraw your consent.
How does Wall Street English keep my personal information safe?
We seek to protect the safety of all your personal information by implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures. We use appropriate security measures on our own systems, but the internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via the internet.
Will Wall Street English share my personal information with anyone else?
Wall Street English is a network of (i) group companies and (ii) franchisees. When you complete your activity, we will share this information with Wall Street English in your country. In some cases, Wall Street English in your country will be organized in two levels: a company covering the whole country and a company managing the center. In these cases, your information will be shared first with your country-level Wall Street English entity; and then with the company managing your closest Wall Street English center.
Also, we use both external providers and group companies to host and manage the platform. Your data will be hosted by an external provider in Ireland, and it may be accessed by marketing consultants located in the UK and in Spain.
Since the exact legal entities change regularly, contact us at email@example.com if you wish for more details.
What if I am under 18 years old?
You agree not to misuse any personal information available on our site or to gather it or use robots or other automated scripts, codes or functionalities to do so.
Data Protection Officer
WSE Hong Kong Ltd
Rm. 2608, W50
50 Wong Chuk Hang Road
– or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Special note on EEA privacy laws
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires that you have a point of contact within the European Union. For these purposes, note that you can contact our Data Protection Officer in our EU representative company, Franchise Support & Services, S.L., a Spanish company, Tax ID B60662533, with registered address at carrer Tuset 20-24 5º 3ª, Barcelona 08006, Spain.
The GDPR also requires that we list your statutory rights. These are the following:
- Right to request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data.
- Right to restriction of processing. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Right to object to processing. Where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to data portability. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, the personal data you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time (without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal).
- Right to obtain a copy of the documentation showing that we comply with GDPR when we transfer your personal information outside the EEA.
In order to exercise any of these rights, please send an email to email@example.com or a letter to our EU representative postal address (Data Protection Officer, Franchise Support & Services, S.L., carrer Tuset 20-24 5º 3ª, Barcelona 08006, Spain).
Remember that, if you think that we have breached your data protection rights, you can file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.agpd.es).