How it Works
Getting to know one another
- Get to know each other
- Align plans and ideas
- Sign non-disclosure agreement
Wall Street English life experience
- Discovery days
- Learn about business model
- Conduct market research
- Build business plan
- Submit business plan proposal
- Sign reservation agreement
Setting the foundations
- Identify locations
- Set up entity
- Apply for licenses
- Sign franchise agreements
- Hire management team
- Sign location lease & plan layout
Attract the best talent to lead with
- Train management team
- Build out location
- Recruit center staff
- Commence marketing activities
Open for business
- Center staff training
- Center launch
- Opening party
- Onboard first students
How does our franchise support work?
Wall Street English has a dedicated team of over 30 people based in Barcelona, focused on ensuring your success as a franchisee.
The Wall Street English International team is experienced, professional, and cross-disciplined: many have been working for more than ten years within the business, both in franchise and corporate operations. The team is passionate about what they do and will guide you every step of the way.
- Introductions to Wall Street English products, services, and operations concepts
- Guidance in financial modeling
- Support in building business plan
- Center design specifications & best practices on location selection
- Support in hiring key staff
- Training and onboarding for owner, key management, and center staff
- Extensive standard operating procedure manuals
- Territory visits by Wall Street English International staff
- Regular support calls for key functions
- Regional meetings & trainings
- Annual international conferences
- Ongoing product development
- Best practice exchange within collaborative network of franchisees
- Global marketing hub for campaign sharing
International Franchisee Support Team
Franchise & Business Development Director
Lex Baker has been working for Wall Street English for 20 years now, in a variety of roles focused primarily on sales and operations. He has been working for Wall Street English International since 2010, supporting franchise partners across the globe. In his most recent role he is responsible for business development, working with both existing countries and finding new partners to open new centers.
Business Operations Manager
Philip Macfarlane has been working for Wall Street English for over 20 years and has accrued experience in supporting franchisees in the areas of service, business development, and product creation management. More recently his responsibilities have been extended to cover business assurance and international certification.
Franchise Relations and Business Development
Alessandra Marsaglia joined Wall Street English in 2015 and she is responsible for business development, working with both existing countries and new partners to develop their business or open new franchises. She has extended international working experience primarily in the education and IT sector, with a focus on business consultancy and operations management. Alessandra has a degree in Psychology and got her Executive MBA from ESADE, together with multiple strategy and management modules at HEC, ISB and Weatherhead business schools. She is fully proficient in the English, Spanish, Italian and Catalan languages.
Head of Network Support
Nina Purdey has been working with Wall Street English for 19 years in a variety of roles focused primarily on franchise services, center openings and service operations. She has global experience and has worked both in Italy (an extensive sub-franchise network) and in China. She has been working with Wall Street English International since 2007 supporting franchise partners across the globe. In her most recent role Nina is responsible for Franchise Services leading a team of people that provide support in sales and service operations, implementation of new products and services, customer fulfilment, training and teacher recruitment.
Find out more