Chief Financial Officer
About the job
Wall Street English is now looking for a Chief Financial Officer to join our International head office in Barcelona.
Wall Street English is one of the world’s leading adult English language training providers. Founded in 1972, we have learning centers located across Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. Through both company-owned and franchised centers, we have provided tuition to over three million adults with more learners enrolling every day.
Our core proposition provides a unique blended learning method available online, in-center, or a mix of both. Support and efficacy are fundamental components of student success. Ongoing investment in new center openings and product development enable expansion and a rapid response to market dynamics and technological change.
Chief Financial Officer
The CFO sits on the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) of Wall Street English International and reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The CFO provides leadership through good financial practices to ensure the financial health and revenue growth of the company. The CFO is responsible for analyzing and reviewing our financial data, reporting, financial performance, preparing budgets, and monitoring costs. Working closely with the CEO, the CFO will identify and provide sound guidance and financial rigour when modelling out future growth.
The CFO directly manages the finance teams in Barcelona and Chennai and has a dotted line to the team in Italy.
This role is the financial spokesperson of the company, partnering directly with the investors, board of directors, owners, and general managers in the network.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Provides commercial guidance to support decision making with key stakeholders.
- Controls the fundraising plans and capital structure of the company.
- In partnership with CEO, decides on investment strategies by determining cash and liquidity risks
- Performs risk management by analyzing the company’s liabilities and investments
- Strategic thought partner to the CEO on the operating model, new business lines, additional revenue streams, products and services.
- Maintains financial discipline, brings rigor and efficiency to our business processes.
- Support the development of our strategic plans
Financial Planning, Reporting, and Analyses
- Lead budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning processes
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with network General Managers.
- Analyze and make decision around payment plans as and when they are requested by franchisees.
- Support preparation of reporting on business performance and monthly management of reporting packs
- Support the franchise partners of more than 26 countries by implementing financial reporting and analysis systems.
- Ensure balance sheet and cash flow reporting and analysis.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis/production of reports as requested to support accurate reporting and support business decisions
- Preparation of the quarterly and annual tax filings across multiple jurisdictions.
- Ensure compliance with legal regulations and company policies.
- Drive improvement of franchising sales reporting system in terms of compliance with the contract management system, reporting, and analyses.
- Ensure payment schedules are being adhered to by the franchisees.
- Strengthen and maintain a robust control environment across the franchise network
- Strengthen controls around debt management and manage cash collection process
- Manage the Barcelona-based finance team on a day-to-day basis to provide a high service level to the business and the franchise partners.
- Direct line management responsibility of the Chennai-based Finance Manager and a dotted line reporting of the Italian-based finance team.
- Coach and develop the team individually and invest time in enhancing their skill sets for the future.
Technical skills and qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in finance or accounting.
- Proven experience in large multinational companies, with exposure to international finance, accounting, tax, and treasury activities.
- Proven experience working in foreign business environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills based on entrepreneurship, teamwork, and team development.
- At least seven years’ experience successfully leading a finance team
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English